5 Ways Hospice Care Can Be Empowering
by Jennifer Brooks
Just saw this fantastic article by Allison Berry on Ladies Home Journal and wanted to share. The article, titled, “Hospice Care Doesn’t Have to be Sad” outlines 5 good reasons why anyone facing end-of-life decisions should consider hospice. In a separate but related article, Diana K. Sugg tells the story of hospice nurse Jill Campbell, which sparked a great conversation in the Facebook comments below the post. I’ve listed the reasons here, but for the full article, with all of the detail, visit the LHJ site.
5 Ways Hospice Care Can Be Empowering:
- Hospice costs are covered
- Hospice can make limited time so much better
- Hospice helps family prepare and accept
- Hospice keeps patients comfortable and pain free
- Hospice provides emotional and spiritual support
We would love to hear your hospice story. Feel free to share in the comments below or on our Facebook Page. Thanks!