Just saw this fantastic article by Allison Berry on Ladies Home Journal and wanted to share. The article, titled, “Hospice Care Doesn’t Have to be Sad” outlines 5 good reasons why anyone facing end-of-life decisions should consider hospice. In a separate but related article, Diana K. Sugg tells the story of hospice nurse Jill Campbell, which sparked a great conversation in the Facebook comments below the post. I’ve listed the reasons here, but for the full article, with all of the detail, visit the LHJ site.
5 Ways Hospice Care Can Be Empowering:
- Hospice costs are covered
- Hospice can make limited time so much better
- Hospice helps family prepare and accept
- Hospice keeps patients comfortable and pain free
- Hospice provides emotional and spiritual support
We would love to hear your hospice story. Feel free to share in the comments below or on our Facebook Page. Thanks!